Mistakes On The UK Passport Application Form – What To Do
|August 22, 2017||Posted by Steve Williams under Same Day UK Passport, UK Passport|
Each year thousands of UK passport applications are rejected or delayed due to errors, mistakes and providing unsuitable documents. One small UK passport application form mistake can delay the process by up to 7 weeks.
A standard UK passport renewal should take 3 weeks with a First Adult passport application estimated at 6 weeks. These times should put into context how costly even the smallest mistake can prove out to be, especially for those hoping to receive a passport quickly in order to travel.
By nature the UK passport application forms can be time consuming, a little confusing and require thorough reading and understanding in order to complete correctly.
In order to help you through the process smoothly we have highlighted the most common minor mistakes that repeatedly cause major delays for those completing their passport application.
Although some of these points may seem simple and rather obvious, from our knowledge it is the more rudimental mistakes that time and time again lead to delays and rejections.
- Signatures INSIDE the box – If any part of the signature is outside or even touching the line of the box then the application will be rejected.
- BLACK ink – Applications in any other colored pen will be returned to you. Counter signatures must also be in black ink.
- For those who are English, Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish you must put BRITISH as your nationality.
- If a mistake is made, correction fluid must NOT be used. The mistake must be blocked out with black ink. A maximum of 3 character mistakes can be made on a single form. If a 4th mistake is made you will need to start a new form.
- Grandparent details must be provided if your parents were born on or after 1st January 1983. This must include full names, date of birth, town and country of birth and relevant marriage dates.
- Passport numbers for previous passports held by the applicant are asked for, this is referring to only UK passport numbers.
- Photocopies and substitutes of any documents will not be accepted. ORIGINAL supporting documents only.
- All photos must meet the regulations set out in the application form and must have been taken within the last month prior to the application.
Whilst the above guidelines, if followed correctly, should ensure your passport application to be successful, it is only natural that human error will at times lead to delayed or rejected applications. One sure way to ensure a successful passport application is to entrust the process to Rapid Passports.
As a specialised passport agency, they are authorised to submit applications on their clients’ behalf at Her Majesty’s Passport office without the need to book any appointments.
To avoid delays or rejection, your application is reviewed by an experienced and knowledgeable team and once all criteria’s have been checked and cleared, your application is sent for completion. Trusting your application to a dedicated and respected team can remove all the doubts and worry that inevitably comes with any passport application.
One UK passport application mistake is all it takes to ensure delay or even rejection, but Rapid Passports work to guarantee your application runs smoothly and without incident.
That’s not all, we have even prepared a travel guide which includes a downloadable essentials checklist for all the times when you have to travel for work on a short notice or otherwise.
That way, even if you are in a hurry, you will not miss out on carrying all the necessary items that you would need for the trip, whether it’s a tie or some travel documents. Moreover, we have included a separate list that would remind you to arrange for someone to feed your pet or water the plants while you are gone.Download Checklist